Watry Design, Inc. was brought on to the team to assist in the design of 1,151 parking spaces to meet the retail, residential, commercial and entertainment needs of a high-end, dynamic development project in Playa Vista. The famous site was once the home to Howard Hughes' aerospace empire. The Watry Design team performed mixed-use parking demand analysis to right-size the parking and maximize parking efficiency per dollar spent. As a result of the analysis, structured parking was reduced saving Lincoln Properties over $1 million dollars.
In addition, the Watry Design team created separate parking for grocery and drug store users, while still providing convenient parking for shoppers, theatergoers and even those using a nearby city park.
- 221,000 square feet of retail
- 420 apartments
- 35,000 square feet of office
Awarded Best Mixed-Use Silver at the 2017 Los Angeles Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Awards.
- Owner: Invesco Real Estate
- Design Architect: Johnson Fain
- Developer: Lincoln Property Co., Phoenix Property Co.& Paragon Commercial Group
- Contractor: Austin Commercial, LP
- Project Status: Completed 2015
- Parking Stalls: 1,151
- Levels: 5
- Total Sq Ft: 636,700
- Sq Ft per Stall: 315
- Total Project Cost: $15,000,000
- Per Stall Cost: $13,032