Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Watry Design, Inc. is an Architectural, Structural Engineering and Planning firm that not only fits that bill but offers far more.
We are looking for a Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, or Assistant Project Manager with 5-15+ years of experience for our Sound Transit project who will work in our Seattle colocation. The candidate needs to be driven and excited to work in a parking focused firm; someone who can manage the moving parts of a complex project.
Project Manager Qualifications
- Licensed PE or Architect a strong plus
- Previous design and or construction experience with vertical structures work
- Working knowledge of building code
- Bluebeam proficiency
- Prior design build experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Sound Transit’s design Criteria Manual a big plus
Project Manager Skills
- Excellent leadership, management and supervision skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to negotiate people conflicts or solving people problems
- Facilitation, team building and consensus building skills
- Excellent time management and ability to deal well with highly stressful situations
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Point of Contact for Sound Transit design concerns and action items.
- Attend Design Builder led, Design Task Force Meetings. Assist in moderating the discussion, as well as summarizing and tracking design issues that need to be resolved.
- Lead weekly design meetings to status design schedule, address and resolve client concerns and contract design compliance issues. Assist with agenda development and meeting minutes review for design meetings.
- Perform initial review of design submittals to ensure adherence to standards and submittal completeness.
- Manage the formal design review process at each level of design. Ensure reviews are complete on time. Monitor comments to resolution and elevate comments that are not being resolved for action and further discussion.
- Utilize Bluebeam Revu tools to status and migrate comments.
- Manage and coordinate with subject matter experts to verify design submittals meet all contract requirements.
- Support Design Builder in managing the Design Decision log to track major design decisions that modify Project Requirements and document written ST acceptance of those decisions.
- Attend design meetings with 3rd party stakeholders including the AHJ to address permitting comments and define action items to resolve.
- Provide memos with technical analysis and recommendations with support from subject matter experts as needed, for resolution of design issues.
- Assist Design Builder, with support of subject matter experts, in coordinating scope and design as it relates to 3rd party work.
Project Manager Education
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering (Civil, Architectural, or Structural)
Project Manager Salary
Final salary is commensurate with experience; pay range is $74,000-$134,000 plus bonus.