Intern, Staff/Senior Designer
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, talented, passionate team where initiative is rewarded? Watry Design, Inc., an Architectural, Structural Engineering and Planning firm, not only fits that bill, but offers far more.
We are seeking Interns, Staff Designers, and Senior Designers with 0-5 years of experience to work in our Long Beach and San Jose offices. This position works on diverse projects for the private sector, municipalities, transit agencies, universities, medical facilities and more.
If your interest is piqued, send your resume and cover letter.
- Develop drawings and produce sketches to incorporate in the documents
- Assist with construction document preparation
- Occasionally coordinate and delegate project tasks to others
- Create architectural and structural plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules
- Coordinate details and dimensions between drawing sheets
- Basic knowledge and understanding of building codes
- Assure that drawings comply with company production and design standards
- Site and field work including field measured documentation, existing facility inventory and site investigation
- Works under the direction of a Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Job Captain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years of experience
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Time management
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
- Significant Revit experience required
- AutoCAD and Bluebeam experience a plus
Wages are commensurate with experience, wage range is $24-35 per hour; full-time employees are eligible for bonus program.